Still cold out there? Everyone has had enough of this capricious spring season! We can’t wait for the melon and watermelon season to arrive but the only thing we want at the moment is some hot chocolate!
What can we have with it?
We suggest the apple strudel recipe we use here at Garnì Roberta hotel in Malga Ciapela comes directly from Roberta’s grandmother and it’s….fantastic! Try it: strudel is a light desert that can make you score brownie points with your friends, relatives and why not for a business lunch or dinner! Do you know what the good thing about it is? Even though you might think so it’s not difficult to make! We’ll let you into our secret and we look forward to seeing you at the Garnì Roberta hotel in Malga Ciapela to try it for yourself!
APPLE STRUDEL RECIPE
First of all let’s prepare the pastry. Here are the ingredients:
- 600 g of 00 type flour (or even better Manitoba as I used)
- 200 g of sugar
- two eggs
- two full tablespoons of oil
- a pinch of salt
- around 160 ml of milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla powder flavouring
Mix all the ingredients together until you form soft, smooth dough that is not sticky. Wrap it in shrink wrap or a clean cloth and leave it in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Now for the filling, here are the ingredients:
- ·700 g of apples
- ·60 g of sugar
- ·vanilla sugar
- ·lemon juice and zest
- ·60-70 raisins
- ·40 pine nuts
- ·ground biscuits (better if homemade)
- ·icing sugar
- ·vanilla cream
- ·Peel and thinly slice the apples then place them in the bowl with the sugar, vanilla sugar, raisins, pine nuts, ground biscuits and ground cinnamon and cloves and mix everything together with a drop of rum. Roll out the dough with the rolling pin on a floured surface to form a rectangular shape and then line a baking tray with parchment paper to place it onto. Fill the central part of the pastry with the mixture and close the strudel. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes. A handy tip: if you have guys put two raisins on one of the ends of the strudel: it will become a snake and eating it will be even more tasty and enjoyable.